Deadline: 23rd of February 2023
The Local Organising Committee invites interested authors to submit abstracts for the XVIII Congress of the Iberian Society of Cytometry 2023.
All abstracts must follow the instructions listed below and be submitted online by midnight CEST 23rd of February 2023. You will be notified by 6th March 2023 whether your abstract has been accepted or not. Please note that all presenters must pay the registration fee for the Congress by 8th of March 2023. Registration payment not received by this date will result in presenters being withdrawn.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for SIC 2023 should be emailed to email@example.com
Abstract Submission Details and Guidelines
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Multiple abstract submissions are permitted.
- Notifications will be emailed only to the submitting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations).
- Abstracts must be submitted using the headings:
- Results & Conclusion
- Only original scientific material which has not been previously published or presented at the meeting will be accepted.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar.
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted by midnight CEST, 23rd of February 2023 for consideration by the Committee. Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance from 6th March 2023.
Oral and Poster presentations may be delivered in English, according to the submitting author’s request. Please note that Free Communications sessions will not have simultaneous translation.
Please note, the scientific committee can upgrade some abracts from poster to oral presentation format. Once you have been accepted this cannot be changed as this will affect the program structure.
SIC 2023 Committee warmly invites you to submit an abstract under one of the below themes:
- Biotechnology and Functional Cytometry
- Microbiology and Plant Sciences
- Novel applications of Flow Cytometry
During the abstract submission process you will be required to provide:
- Title of abstract
- Abstract Theme
- Full contact details of all authors – including their affiliations
- Presentation Type
- Abstract document (a maximum of 300 words)
Once you have submitted your abstract, you will receive an automated submission successful email.
Co-authors are allowed on submissions being made by others.
Abstract authors are allowed to withdraw their abstract by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at any time until the deadline of 8th March 2023.
The presenting author can make changes to a submitted abstract prior to the 23rd of January 2023 submission deadline, by visiting the Abstract Submission Portal and selecting “Edit Abstracts”.
Speaker Consent Terms and Conditions
- The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following terms and conditions for participation in SIC 2023:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlined on the SIC 2023 Website.
- The abstract should be submitted in English.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for SIC 2023.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The presenting author is available to present at the Congress.
- The presenting author must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the abstract review outcome email. If they do not register and pay in full, the abstract will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The presenting author has obtained permission from all authors to submit the abstract to SIC 2023.
- The text of the abstract, along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, may be published on the meeting website and this will not raise any copyright issues.
- All grammar/content has been checked and the submitter acknowledges that the abstract, if published on the website and/or Congress Virtual Platform, will appear as submitted.
- A submission as a particular presentation type (oral or poster) or theme may be changed to a different type/theme following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- SIC 2023 reserves the right to remove from any publication any abstract that does not comply with the above.